Make your own healthy dog treats with only 4 simple ingredients
Ingredients: (makes about 60 treats)
– 2 cups of whole wheat flour
– 1 cup milk (I use no fat milk)
– 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth, try to get all natural peanut butter)
– 1 tbsp baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with Pam or cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine all 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If you’re using the same measuring cup, do flour, then milk, then peanut butter, the milk will ‘grease’ the cup so the peanut butter slides right out!
3. Mix everything together with a large spoon or spatula until you have a doughy consistency.
4. Sprinkle a bit of dry flour onto your counter or a board and knead the dough with your hands to make sure everything is mixed well.
5. Roll out the dough until it is 1/4″ thick. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, punch out as many treats as possible. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, or don’t want to bother with one, you can always pinch off small pieces of the dough and roll them into little balls between your hands.
6. Place the treats on the greased baking pan. You don’t have to worry about putting them too far apart because they don’t spread like cookies and won’t stick together.
7. Let the treats bake for 15-18 minutes, or until they turn brown around the edges. You have to be careful with this step because they tend to cook fast and burn easily on the bottom.
8. Once they’re done baking, let them cool before storing them. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or ziploc bag so they don’t go stale.
You can also try mixing in different gravy powders for a little extra kick of flavor. Hope your pups enjoy!